Back to Monuments List
Allerton Avenue Bridge Plaques
Click image for larger view
- Location: East of main entrance to Botanical Gardens
- Description: Two plaques on either side of road
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 1'8" x W: 2'6"
- Cast: ca. 1905
- Dedicated: 1905
- Inscription: HENRY C. SCHRAEDER / COMMISSIONER OF PARKS / BOROUGH OF BRONX / MARTIN SCHENK / CHIEF ENGINEER / JOHN R. BRINLEY / ARCHITECT AND ENGINEER / M.J. LEAHY / CONTRACTOR AND BUILDER / 1905 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143