Hudson St., Bleecker St. and 8 Ave.
Directions via GoogleMaps
Since its opening in 1966, Bleecker Playground has been a social and recreational meeting place for neighborhood families and children. Its name derives from its location on Bleecker Street which once ran through the Bleecker family farm. In 1809, Anthony Lispenard Bleecker and his wife Mary ceded land to the city for the streets running through their property including Bleecker, Houston, Mercer, Wooster, Greene, Laurens (now West Broadway), Thomas and Sullivan streets.