Bayside Fields

29 Ave. bet. 204 St. and Clearview Exwy. Sr. Rd. W.


Directions via Google Maps

This text is part of Parks’ Historical Signs Project and can be found posted within the park.

In 1887, the property known today as Bayside Fields was acquired by a family-run real estate group, Cord-Meyer Development Company. Over the next two decades, Cord-Meyer played a significant role in the development of Queens by laying out streets, introducing utilities, and building a dense grid of single family homes. In early 1931, the Bayside Golf Corporation was formed to serve what was by then a flourishing middle-class community. By March, construction on the Bayside Golf Club was well underway.

Read More


Park Information

Directions to Bayside Fields

Was this information helpful?