Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Location: Northwest of Castle Clinton
- Description: Grove of fifteen cedars with inscribed horizontal marker in ivy bed
- Materials: Beige marble (polished face)
- Dimensions: Marker H: 1'4" L: 3'3" W: 1'4"
- Cast: ca. 1976
- Dedicated: July 8, 1976
- Donor: City of Jerusalem
- Inscription: JERUSALEM GROVE / TO THE PEOPLE OF / NEW YORK CITY / FROM THE PEOPLE OF / JERUSALEM / TEDDY KOLLEK, MAYOR / JERUSALEM / ABRAHAM D. BEAME, MAYOR / NEW YORK CITY / JULY 1976
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143