Back to Monuments List
Wireless Operators Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Perimeter of park on State Street
- Architect: Edward S. Hewitt and Will L. Bottomley
- Description: Inscribed cenotaph with three large plaques (one broad, two narrow), one medium plaque, and seven small plaques; fountain; two benches
- Materials: Cenotaph, fountain, and benches--Quincy yellow granite; plaques--bronze
- Dimensions: Cenotaph H: 8'10"; fountain diameter 7'
- Cast: 1913
- Dedicated: May 12, 1915
- Foundry: Bronze Arts & Crafts Inc., Brooklyn
- Donor: Veteran Wireless Operators Association
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143