View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Wireless Operators Memorial
- Location: Perimeter of park on State Street
- Architect: Edward S. Hewitt and Will L. Bottomley
- Description: Inscribed cenotaph with three large plaques (one broad, two narrow), one medium plaque, and seven small plaques; fountain; two benches
- Materials: Cenotaph, fountain, and benches--Quincy yellow granite; plaques--bronze
- Dimensions: Cenotaph H: 8'10"; fountain diameter 7'
- Cast: 1913
- Dedicated: May 12, 1915
- Foundry: Bronze Arts & Crafts Inc., Brooklyn
- Donor: Veteran Wireless Operators Association
Directions to The Battery
- MAYOR BILL DE BLASIO, NYC PARKS AND ARTIST HEBRU BRANTLEY UNVEIL NEW PUBLIC ART INSTALLATION AT THE BATTERY – “THE GREAT DEBATE”
- NYC PARKS UNVEILS REDEDICATED COAST GUARD MEMORIAL IN NEW PLAZA AT THE BATTERY
- NYC PARKS AND THE BATTERY CONSERVANCY BREAK GROUND ON $18.3 MILLION BATTERY PLAYSCAPE RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT