Baisley Pond Park Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Near gate house, 125th Avenue at 155th Street
- Sculptor: James F. Walsh
- Description: Stele on plinth
- Materials: Granite
- Dimensions: Stele H: 6'3" W: 4'10" D: 1'3½"; Plinth H: 9" W: 6'10½" D: 3'3"; Total H: 7'
- Cast: ca. 1921
- Dedicated: September 5, 1921
- Donor: Local citizens
- Inscription: ERECTED BY THE / CITIZENS OF THIS COMMVNITY / IN GRATEFVL MEMORY / OF THE MEN OF THIS VICINITY / WHO SERVED IN / THE WORLD WAR / 1917-1918 / DEDICATED SEPT. 5, 1921 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143