In order to invest in the care of our parks, we must regularly redesign and rebuild our city’s parks and facilities. We do this through designing, procuring, and building capital projects. Find out more information about capital projects taking place within this park by choosing a project below.
|Astoria Park Charybdis Playground Comfort Station Reconstruction||Between Shore Boulevard and 19th Street at 23rd Road||Construction|
|Astoria Park Charybdis Playground Reconstruction and Spray Shower Construction||Between Shore Boulevard and 19th Street at 23rd Road||Construction|
|Astoria Park Field House Restrooms Reconstruction||Design-Procurement|
|Astoria Pool Filtration System Reconstruction||19th Street at 23rd Drive||Design|
|Citywide Oil to Gas-Fired Burner Conversion||Astoria Park South, 21 Street, Hoyt Avenue, Ditmars Boulevard, East River||Procurement|
This is a tentative project list, as not all proposed projects will become active projects. To learn more about proposed projects, visit our How We Build Parks page.
- Astoria Park Field House Roof Reconstruction
- Astoria Park Reconstruction Phase 3
|Astoria Park Diving Pool Plaza Construction||View Details|
|Astoria Park Track and Field Reconstruction||View Details|
|Citywide Ballfield Lighting Installation (CNYG-2815M)||View Details|
|Citywide DCAS Accelerated Conservation & Efficiency Program (CNYG-2415MA1)||View Details|
|Citywide Electrical Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1611MA)||View Details|
|Citywide Pool Structural Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1011M)||View Details|
|Queens East River and North Shore Greenway Construction||View Details|
How We Build Parks
Visit our How We Build Parks page to learn more about the three main phases of the city’s capital process and how a project becomes eligible for capital funding.
Directions to Astoria Park
Know Before You Go
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of Charybdis Playground in Astoria Park is now underway. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
- MAKING PROGRESS ON ANCHOR PARKS INITIATIVE: PARKS CELEBRATES OPENING OF BRAND NEW TRACK AND FIELD WHILE CONSTRUCTION ON CHARYBDIS PLAYGROUND IN ASTORIA PARK IS UNDERWAY
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY