CityParks Tennis at Astoria Park
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday and Thursday between 7/5/2022 and 8/15/2022.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Free beginner tennis instruction for children ages 6 - 17 on a first come, first serve basis. Our instructors use fun exercises and drills to help teach kids the basics of tennis and discover a sport for life.
Beginner tennis classes are usually divided into three 1-hour sessions at each park, depending on number of participants and available courts. Children ages 8-10 years old are typically the first hour, followed by ages 11-13 and then 14-17. When registering please select the time slot that corresponds to your child’s age. Instruction for intermediate-level players is also available at select sites. Once the program begins, the site director will provide more specific schedule information for that park.
Directions to Astoria Park
- CITY HALL IN YOUR BOROUGH: NYC PARKS UNVEILS $12.5 MILLION RENOVATION OF CHARYBDIS PLAYGROUND IN ASTORIA
- MAKING PROGRESS ON ANCHOR PARKS INITIATIVE: PARKS CELEBRATES OPENING OF BRAND NEW TRACK AND FIELD WHILE CONSTRUCTION ON CHARYBDIS PLAYGROUND IN ASTORIA PARK IS UNDERWAY
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- Movies on the Waterfront
- CityParks Tennis at Astoria Park
- CityParks Track and Field at Astoria Park
- KIM Charybdis Playground
- Bodyweight Circuit Training