Great Trees of Astoria Park
Sunday, August 8, 2021
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Join the Urban Park Rangers for a guided walking tour of Astoria Park. Learn about some of the many and varied tree species that can be found in this neighborhood park and learn some ways to identify them on this walk.
Wear comfortable shoes. The walking tour has easy to moderately hilly terrain.
Know Before You Go:
For everyone's safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
Directions to Astoria Park
Know Before You Go
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of Charybdis Playground in Astoria Park is now underway. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
- MAKING PROGRESS ON ANCHOR PARKS INITIATIVE: PARKS CELEBRATES OPENING OF BRAND NEW TRACK AND FIELD WHILE CONSTRUCTION ON CHARYBDIS PLAYGROUND IN ASTORIA PARK IS UNDERWAY
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Waterfront Concert Series: Forever Ray, the Sound of "The Genius", Ray Charles
- It's My Park at Ralph Demarco Park
- Movies on the Waterfront: Disney's Aladdin (1992)
- Waterfront Concert Series: The Cab Calloway Orchestra - Directed by Cab's Grandson - C. Calloway Brooks
- Great Trees of Astoria Park