Although widely known for its beautiful pool, the oldest and largest in the city, Astoria Park offers more than aquatic pleasures. Outdoor tennis courts, a track, a bandstand, multiple trails, basketball courts, and playgrounds lure visitors from the five boroughs and beyond. And the views! Sitting on the edge of the East River and resting between the Triborough Bridge and Hell Gate Bridge, the park offers shoreline sights and sounds that make the benches along its perimeter popular spots year-round.
Discover the history of Astoria Park
Visit NYC Park's oldest and largest pool. Admission is free!
Directions to Astoria Park
Know Before You Go
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of Charybdis Playground in Astoria Park is now underway. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
- CITY HALL IN YOUR BOROUGH: NYC PARKS UNVEILS $12.5 MILLION RENOVATION OF CHARYBDIS PLAYGROUND IN ASTORIA
- MAKING PROGRESS ON ANCHOR PARKS INITIATIVE: PARKS CELEBRATES OPENING OF BRAND NEW TRACK AND FIELD WHILE CONSTRUCTION ON CHARYBDIS PLAYGROUND IN ASTORIA PARK IS UNDERWAY
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- Astoria Park Charybdis Playground Comfort Station Reconstruction
- Astoria Park Field House Restrooms Reconstruction
- Astoria Park Field House Roof Reconstruction
- Astoria Pool Filtration System Reconstruction
- Citywide Oil to Gas-Fired Burner Conversion