Alley Pond Park
Saturday, December 21, 2013
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
What would you do if you found yourself lost in the woods? Do you know how to build your own shelter, or start a fire without matches? What would you eat and where would you find water? Do you have what it takes to survive in the wild?
Whether you are preparing for an extended journey through the woods or just want to be more prepared for any situation, a wilderness survival program is perfect for you. Urban Park Rangers are skilled in the techniques of wilderness survival and emergency preparedness. On these fun, family friendly programs you will learn tips and tricks that will enhance your knowledge of the natural world.
Wilderness survival programs take place in the fall and winter. All programs are family friendly, but are recommended for ages 8 years and older. Wilderness survival programs feature hands-on activities in an outdoor setting.
Please dress appropriately for cold weather.
Directions to Alley Pond Park
Alley Pond Park Weather
- NYC Parks Celebrates New Pathways, Improved Water Quality At Bayside’s Oakland Lake
- NYC Parks Celebrates New Pathways, Improved Water Quality At Bayside's Oakland Lake
- NYC Parks And Pwc Us Team Up With The New York Knicks To Plant 3,500 Trees In Alley Pond Park In Queens
- Birding: Spring Migration
- Kids Week Queens: Birding for Kids
- Nature Exploration Hike (Moderate)
- Gather Around the Campfire
- Nocturnal Wildlife