Alley Pond Park
Little Neck Bay, L.I.E., Union Tpk, bet. Springfield Blvd, Douglaston Pkwy, Hanford St
Directions via Google Maps
Alley Pond Park offers glimpses into New York’s geologic past, its colonial history, and its current conservation efforts. Because of its glacier-formed moraine, the park has numerous unique natural features, like its freshwater and saltwater wetlands, tidal flats, meadows, and forests, which create a diverse ecosystem and support abundant bird life.
The park is also home to New York City's first public high ropes adventure course (the largest in the Northeast), part of the Urban Park Rangers' larger Alley Pond Park Adventure program. A low–cost outdoor education and adventure program, Alley Pond Park Adventure teaches participants how to canoe, use a compass, fish, and enjoy a natural setting without leaving NYC.
To top it off, Alley Pond Park has all the amenities you'd expect from a neighborhood park--playgrounds, barbeque areas, and courts and fields galore!
Discover the history of Alley Pond Park
Volunteer with the Stewardship Team to plant trees in Alley Pond Park! Trees provide so many benefits to New Yorkers...
Grab a rope and swing... grab a rock and climb... just get yourself to the course and start moving!
Directions to Alley Pond Park
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- NYC Parks Celebrates New Pathways, Improved Water Quality At Bayside’s Oakland Lake
- NYC Parks Celebrates New Pathways, Improved Water Quality At Bayside's Oakland Lake
- Alley Pond Environmental Center Reconstruction
- Alley Pond Park Living Shoreline Construction Phase 1
- Citywide Retaining Walls and Seawalls Reconstruction (CNYG-514M)
- Queens General Site Work (QG-1316M)
- Vanderbilt Motor Parkway Reconstruction Phase 1
- Alley Pond Park
- Alley Pond Park - Invasive Phragmites
- Alley Pond Park - Osprey In New York City
- Freshwater Wetlands In New York City - Alley Pond Park
- Freshwater Wetlands In New York City - Oakland Lake