Albert J. Parham Playground
Adelphi St., Clermont Ave., Dekalb Ave., Willoughby Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Located south of Willoughby Avenue between Adelphi Street and Clermont Avenue in Brooklyn, this playground is named for Albert Lysander Parham (1914-1990). Mr. Parham generously left NYC Parks $263,700 to fund the extensive renovations made here in 1990. Born on May 11, 1914, Parham was a lifelong Brooklyn resident. He provided additional funding that made possible a community garden in Manhattan known as Albert’s Garden. Albert Parham died on March 29, 1990, leaving a legacy of improved parkland for the benefit of all.