Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Malls
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Tree of Hope
- Location: Center median on Adam Clayton Powell Blvd. at West 131 Street
- Description: Plaque dedicating original Tree of Hope (tree is no longer extant); in front of the Tree of Hope III sculpture by Algernon Miller
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 13" W: 16"
- Dedicated: November 4, 1934
- Fabricator: Gregg LeFevre (replacement)
- Donor: Bill "Bojangles" Robinson (original); Lloyd A. Williams
- Inscription: THE ORIGINAL / TREE OF HOPE / BELOVED BY THE PEOPLE / OF HARLEM / "YOU ASKED FOR A TREE OF HOPE / SO HERE TIS, BEST WISHES" / BILL ROBINSON [inscribed]