View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Abingdon Square Doughboy
- Location: South end of park; West 12th Street, 8th Avenue, Hudson Street
- Sculptor: Philip Martiny
- Architect: William A. Hewlett (pedestal)
- Description: Figure (heroic scale) on pedestal
- Materials: Bronze, Deer Isle granite
- Dimensions: H:1'7-1/2" W: 10'3" D: 10'3"
- Cast: ca. 1921
- Dedicated: 1921
- Foundry: Bureau Brothers, Philadelphia
- Donor: The Jefferson Democratic Club
- Inscription: ERECTED / BY POPULAR SUBSCRIPTION / IN HONOR / OF THE BRAVE MEN / WHO WENT FORTH / FROM THIS NEIGHBOR- / HOOD TO JOIN THE / ARMED FORCES OF / THE UNITED STATES DURING THE WORLD WAR