Watson Gleason Playground
Gleason Ave., Watson Ave. bet. Noble Ave., and Rosedale Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
In 1938 the City of New York acquired the entire block bounded by Watson, Noble, Gleason, and Rosedale Avenues. Designed by the Parks Department and built with labor provided by the Work Projects Administration (WPA), the playground opened one-and-one-half years later. Parks Commissioner Robert Moses presided at the dedication ceremony, which featured Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia, Borough President James J. Lyons, Acting WPA Administrator Major Edmond H. Leary, and President Roderick Stephens of the Bronx Borough of Trade.
Join NYC Parks and the New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment for a free film! In this enchanting...