Back to Monuments List
Algernon Sidney Sullivan
Click image for larger view
- Location: Boat House
- Sculptor: Jonathan Scott Hartly
- Architect: Frank E. Wallis
- Description: Stele with fountain bases
- Materials: Deer Island granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 10'2" W: 4'3" D: 4'6"
- Dedicated: 1906
- Donor: Citizens of New York
- Inscription: Front: IN HONOR OF / ALGERNON - SIDNEY - SULLIVAN / JURIST - STATESMAN - ORATOR / BORN 1826 --- DIED 1887 / HE REACHED OUT BOTH HANDS IN / CONSTANT HELPFULNESS TO HIS / FELLOWMEN / ERECTED BY CITIZENS OF NEW YORK / 1906 / FRANK E. WALLIS - ARCHITECT /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143