Van Cortlandt Park
Ranger's Choice: The Van Cortlandt Super Hike (Vigorous)
Saturday, November 4, 2017
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Our Urban Park Rangers will introduce you to the hidden gems of New York City. Hiking programs feature intensity levels ranging from light, to moderate, to vigorous.
This challenging eight-mile hike winds its way through most of Van Cortlandt Park's many diverse forests and ecosystems.
Vigorous hikes feature long distances with hills and rugged terrain.
Registration is required for this program. To register, visit the Urban Park Ranger's registration page. Registration opens on October 25.
Directions to Van Cortlandt Park
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- This Weekend In Parks
- Green Youth Assist Management Of Van Cortlandt Park: Collecting And Anazlyzing Critical Data
- Survival Series #1: Fire Making Skills
- Astronomy: Winter Solar System
- Nature Exploration: John Muir Trail (vigorous)
- Survial Series #3: Staying Found and Signaling for Help
- Kids Week Bronx: Nature Exploration Hike
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Running Tracks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots