Van Cortlandt Park
Barefoot Dancing: Bollywood & Bhangra
Thursday, July 9, 2015
6:30 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Inspired by the high energy music from Indian films, our mixed level Bollywood & Bhangra class with Minila Shah - Anja Dance Co. combines traditional Indian folk and classical dance with Bhangra and contemporary movement like hip hop, jazz, Latin and belly dance.
You will learn technique and choreography that incorporate rhythmic, full-body movement. We carefully curate our music and playlist to keep you energized and engaged. Did we mention it’s really fun? Every class includes a Bhangra warm up and yoga postures to cool down.
Enter the park on foot at Broadway and 246th Street.
Directions to Van Cortlandt Park
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- This Weekend In Parks
- Green Youth Assist Management Of Van Cortlandt Park: Collecting And Anazlyzing Critical Data
- Survival Series #1: Fire Making Skills
- Astronomy: Winter Solar System
- Nature Exploration: John Muir Trail (vigorous)
- Survial Series #3: Staying Found and Signaling for Help
- Kids Week Bronx: Nature Exploration Hike
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Running Tracks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots