Van Cortlandt Park
Kid's Week at Van Cortlandt Nature Center
Friday, March 29, 2013
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
We connect children with nature to encourage active exploration of the natural world. Children who spend time outdoors develop strong imaginations and learn to socialize better with others. Urban Park Rangers are role models who encourage children to let their imaginations run wild in a safe, supportive atmosphere.
While most of our programs are family friendly, the programs highlighted here are specifically for young children and families. Whether enjoying a family friendly movie under the stars, freeing your imagination playing in nature, or learning about conservation through eco-crafts, a free Ranger program is the perfect addition to your family’s week. All supplies provided.
. Charlotte Street and Crotona Park East.
Directions to Van Cortlandt Park
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- This Weekend In Parks
- Green Youth Assist Management Of Van Cortlandt Park: Collecting And Anazlyzing Critical Data
- Survival Series #1: Fire Making Skills
- Astronomy: Winter Solar System
- Nature Exploration: John Muir Trail (vigorous)
- Survial Series #3: Staying Found and Signaling for Help
- Kids Week Bronx: Nature Exploration Hike
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Running Tracks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots