Back to Monuments List
Theodor Herzl Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Main Street and Vleigh Place, Kew Gardens
- Sculptor: Joseph Dilorenzi
- Description: Flagstaff and base with tablet
- Materials: Bronze, Stony Creek granite
- Dimensions: Tablet H: 2'2" W: 3'9" D: 1'1"; Base Diameter" 9'
- Dedicated: May 2, 1960
- Donor: Kew Gardens Zionist District
- Inscription: 1860-1904 --- CENTENNIAL / THEODOR HERZL / FIGHTER FOR FREEDOM / "IF YOU WILL IT, IT IS NO DREAM" / MAY 2ND 1960 / KEW GARDENS HILLS / ZIONIST DISTRICT /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143