>Forest Park – National Trails Day at Strack Pond
Saturday, June 1, 2019
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Forest Park, the third largest park in Queens, needs your help in maintaining the hiking trails that help you explore its 165 acres of majestic oak forest.
Celebrate National Trails Day with us as we help improve the trails around Strack Pond. Volunteers will learn how to install a puncheon, clear invasive plants and help with trail erosion. You can also enjoy a tour led by an Urban Park Ranger.
Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes, long pants, and clothing that can get dirty.
Please bring your own water bottle and snack for this event. Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by a chaperone.
Please note: Registration for this event is required by May 31. To register, please visit the Forest Park – National Trails Day at Strack Pond registration page.
This event is sponsored by NYC Parks, The Friends of Forest Park and The Forest Park Trust, Inc.
Strack Pond entrance
Forest Park, The Friends of Forest Park
Directions to Forest Park
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- NEW, ENGAGING PLAY EQUIPMENT COMES TO DEVOY PLAYGROUND IN QUEENS’ FOREST PARK
- Forest Park - Tree Planting
- Kids Week: Insect Exploration
- Earth Day Beautification
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Hike and Paint
- Forest Park - Yellow Trail Restoration
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Running Tracks
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots