Alley Pond Park
The Daily Plant : Thursday, March 29, 2012
Free Adventure Course Programs For Parks Groups
On April 28, the Alley Pond Park Adventure Course will open for its sixth season. Each year, numerous NYC Parks divisions request the opportunity to experience the thrill of the Adventure Course for free. In order to give all NYC Parks divisions an equal chance to book a free program on the Adventure Course, we have set aside seven dates specifically for NYC Parks employees.
If you are interested in bringing your division to Alley Pond to participate in a day of group collaboration and staff enrichment, please contact John McCoy at 718-217-4685.
• First come, first served basis.
• Programs will take place rain or shine.
• Maximum 30 parks employee each date, minimum number of 10 employees.
• Full day 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (NO LUNCH PROVIDED)
• Requested by Chief or above. Only one request and one date per Chief or above.
• All employees must sign the waiver to participate. Employees under the age of 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver. Employees without a signed waiver will not be allowed to participate.
• All employees must abide by safety procedures of the course.
• Groups that cancel within seven (7) days of the program will not be rescheduled.
Seven (7) Dates Available:
RIDING FOR A GREAT CAUSE!
In the January 18 edition of The Daily Plant, we detailed the recent adventures of Magary Aime, a 27-year Parks veteran and new cycling-devotee.
Last year, Magary participated in Climate Ride California, a five-day, 320-mile charity ride from Eureka to San Francisco to support sustainable solutions, bike advocacy and environmental causes. Magary had such a great experience that he’ll be making another epic ride this May—from NYC to DC—and he submits the following appeal to all Plant readers!
Magary says, “I am doing it again! I will be riding my bicycle for a great cause. This time, it is on the East coast, 5 days, 300 miles from NYC to the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. My goal is to raise funds for groundbreaking sustainability, climate, renewable energy and a green economy. I am doing my part. Please help me support this great movement.”
Visit http://www.climateride.org/ for more information.
QUOTATION FOR THE DAY
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
(1923 - )
Directions to Alley Pond Park
Know Before You Go
Alley Pond Park
Due to construction, the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway is currently closed from Winchester Boulevard to Springfield Boulevard. Please use these alternate access points to and from Alley Pond Park and the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway. For more information about this project, please visit our Capital Project Tracker.
- NYC PARKS LAUNCHES FIRST-EVER ORIENTEERING COURSE AT ALLEY POND PARK IN QUEENS
- NYC PARKS ISSUES REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR BICYCLE RENTALS IN QUEENS
- NYC PARKS AND DOT ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR NEW DESTINATION GREENWAYS IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS