Alley Pond Park
Little Neck Bay to Springfield Blvd, Union Tpke
Directions via Google Maps
Alley Pond Park offers glimpses into New York’s geologic past, its colonial history, and its current conservation efforts. Because of its glacier-formed moraine, the park has numerous unique natural features, like its freshwater and saltwater wetlands, tidal flats, meadows, and forests, which create a diverse ecosystem and support abundant bird life.
The park is also home to New York City's first public high ropes adventure course (the largest in the Northeast), part of the Urban Park Rangers' larger Alley Pond Park Adventure program. A low–cost outdoor education and adventure program, Alley Pond Park Adventure teaches participants how to canoe, use a compass, fish, and enjoy a natural setting without leaving NYC.
To top it off, Alley Pond Park has all the amenities you'd expect from a neighborhood park--playgrounds, barbeque areas, and courts and fields galore!
Discover the history of Alley Pond Park
A therapeutic yet powerful series of balancing, stretching, easy back bending, twisting, and mild inverted postures,...
Grab a rope and swing... grab a rock and climb... just get yourself to the course and start moving!
Directions to Alley Pond Park
- NYC PARKS CUTS THE RIBBON ON FIRST PHASE OF RECONSTRUCTION TO HISTORIC VANDERBILT MOTOR PARKWAY
- NYC PARKS LAUNCHES FIRST-EVER ORIENTEERING COURSE AT ALLEY POND PARK IN QUEENS
- NYC PARKS ISSUES REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR BICYCLE RENTALS IN QUEENS
- Alley Pond Environmental Center Reconstruction
- Alley Pond Park Pavement Reconstruction
- Alley Pond Park Telecommunication Lines Reconstruction
- Oakland Lake Pathways Reconstruction
- Queens Pavement Areas Reconstruction
- Alley Pond Park
- Alley Pond Park - Invasive Phragmites
- Alley Pond Park - Osprey In New York City
- Freshwater Wetlands In New York City - Alley Pond Park
- Freshwater Wetlands In New York City - Oakland Lake