John V. Lindsay East River Park
Montgomery St. To E. 12 St., FDR Drive
Directions via Google Maps
How many New Yorkers can brag about owning 57 acres of waterside property? Parks can. Rather than settle for a strip of land offering impressive views of the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges, Parks filled the area with vibrant activity--building an amphitheater, bike paths, playgrounds, sports fields and courts, gardens, children's water play areas, and walking paths.
East Side Coastal Resiliency Project
The City of New York is proposing to construct the East Side Coastal Resiliency project, which is an integrated flood protection system that is intended to reduce coastal flooding and improve coastal and social resiliency along an approximately 2.4 mile stretch of Manhattan's East River waterfront.
On October 30, 2015, Parks, as SEQRA/CEQR Lead Agency, in conjunction with OMB, issued a Positive Declaration directing that a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) be prepared, and released a Draft Scope of Work to prepare an EIS for public review and comment through December 21, 2015.
Learn more and comment on East Side Coastal Resiliency.
Discover the history of John V. Lindsay East River Park
Celebrate the United States' 240th independence at Macy's 40th anniverary fireworks in the New York Harbor and...
Run 1.5 miles alongside the FDR while looking out on the East River to Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood.
Directions to John V. Lindsay East River Park
- New York Junior League Pitches In On New Improvements To East River Park
- 20,000 Trees Planted in New York City on Hands On New York Day
- Mayor Bloomberg & City Parks Foundation Announce New Catalyst Parks That Will Receive Targeted Influx Of Public And Private Investment
- Basketball Court Reconstruction in Various Locations in Manhattan
- East River Park Compost Facility and Constructed Wetland Reconstruction
- East River Park Dog Run Construction
- East River Park East 6th Street Synthetic Turf Soccer Field Reconstruction
- East River Park Fireboat House Reconstruction and ADA Entrance Ramp Installation