Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center
W. 59 St., W. 60 St., bet. Amsterdam Ave. and W. End Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
The Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center, formerly known as Recreation Center 59, has been a vital community resource since the early 20th century. First purchased by the City in 1906 for use as a playground, the park parcel spanned mid-block lots from West 59th to West 60th Streets. Soon thereafter, the 60th Street Bathhouse opened on site. By 1942, the park had expanded to its present size.
Join NYC Parks and the New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment for a free film! This movie will...