W 110 St To W 123 St, Manhattan Av To Morningside Av
Directions via Google Maps
A narrow strip that stretches 13 blocks through the neighborhoods of Harlem and Morningside Heights, Morningside Park blends dramatic landscaping with the pleasures of a community park. Built on a steep incline, multiple playgrounds nestle at the bottom of its cliff-like hillside, and visitors pause along its heights to take in a unique view. Winding paths bordered with flowers and trees lead to a cascading waterfall, across from which local teams play on its baseball fields. Parents bring their children to play in its playgrounds and learn in its after-school program, and on Saturdays local farmers sell their goods in an outdoor market.
With its convenient location in the heart of Northern Manhattan, only a few blocks from Columbia University, Riverside Park, St. Nicholas Park, the Apollo Theater, and the northern tip of Central Park, Morningside Park’s grounds make an ideal starting point for wanderings, bike rides, and walking tours.
Discover the history of Morningside Park
Learn how to use Morningside Park's Green Gym program of 12 instructional banners installed in the park—and...
Who is this faun, and what does this bear want with him?
Directions to Morningside Park
- NYC Parks Street Games In East Harlem Brings Back Classic Games Of The 60’S And 70’S
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Wangari Maathai Honored With Tree Planting
- Manhattan General Site Work (MG-112M)
- Morningside Park 118 St Basketball Court Reconstruction
- Morningside Park 123rd Street Playground Reconstruction (Phase II)
- Morningside Park Security Camera Installation
- Carl Schurz Monument
- Dr. Thomas Kiel Arboretum
- Manhattan Schist In New York City Parks
- Morningside Park
- Playground 123