Jackie Robinson Park
Bradhurst Av and Edgecombe Av, W 145 St To
Directions via Google Maps
Providing ten blocks of resources, Jackie Robinson Park is a Harlem jewel. One of four spaces designated Historic Harlem Parks, the park is noted for its strong connection with the community.
Originally built as a neighborhood playground to encourage organized play for city children, and one of the ten original parks to receive a City pool, Jackie Robinson Park’s history is steeped with efforts to bring the neighborhood together in recreational fun. Along with its pool opening in 1936, a recreation center was created the same year. Equipped with traditional cardiovascular equipment, weight room, and gymnasium, the recreation center also boasts a library, Computer Resource Center, and an arts & crafts room, among other features.
Outside, the park’s amenities abound. Two baseball diamonds, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and two playgrounds, one with a water play area, provide residents with spots to compete and play. Continuing in the park’s theme of “play,” a bandshell within its boundaries hosts bushels of concerts throughout the warm season, keeping Harlem’s tradition of fostering local music alive and well.
Visit this gem of a park and join the fun!
Discover the history of Jackie Robinson Park
In 1939 a group of African-American intellectuals come up with an ingenious and unlikely response to Jim Crow America,...
A precious balance of hard work and natural talent combined to make a legend when Jackie Robinson was born. Learn about his life accomplishments and become inspired.
Jackie Robinson Park Panorama
Click the image and use your mouse to drag it in the direction you would like to go.
Download QuickTime version (Right click and save link as)
Select a Jackie Robinson Park panorama:
Directions to Jackie Robinson Park
Know Before You Go
Jackie Robinson Recreation Center
The center will be closed on Monday, July 4th in observance of the independence day holiday. Normal operating hours will resume on Tuesday, July 5th. Enjoy the holiday!
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- Future Of Recreation Center Is Bright And Green
- Parks Cuts Ribbon on Renovated Bandshell at Jackie Robinson Park
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Jackie Robinson Recreation Center Exterior Facade & Roofing Reconstruction
- Jackie Robinson Recreation Center Facade Reconstruction
- Jackie Robinson Recreation Center Gym Floor Reconstruction