View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
- Location: Lookout Hill
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Large corinthian column with globe at top
- Materials: Granite, bronze, marble
- Dimensions: Column H: 12' Diameter 19" - 26"; Capital H: 29" W: 29" D: 22 1/2"; Globe Diameter 24"
- Dedicated: 1895
- Donor: Maryland Sociey, Sons of the American Revolution
- Inscription: Marble pedestal front:
IN HONOR OF / MARYLAND'S FOUR HUNDRED / WHO ON THIS BATTLE-FIELD / AUGUST 27TH 1776 / SAVED THE AMERICAN ARMY /
Marble pedestal back:
GOOD GOD! WHAT BRAVE FELLOWS / I MUST THIS DAY LOSE / GEORGE
Directions to Prospect Park
- ADVISORY: NYC PARKS AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVISE DOG OWNERS VISITING PROSPECT PARK TO KEEP DOGS ON LEASH
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS