View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
This bronze fountain depicting a dragon rising out of a storybook is the centerpiece of Imagination Playground in Prospect Park near the Lincoln Road Entrance. Designed by Parks landscape architect Christian Zimmerman, the six-foot-high dragon spouts water in lieu of fire and was placed at the playground as part of an $800,000 city capital project. The Prospect Park Alliance assisted in the project, which affords children an interactive spot to read, listen to, and act out stories. The sculpture was unveiled at the grand opening of the playground in June 1997.
Dragon Fountain Details
- Location: Imagination Playground, Ocean Avenue and Lincoln Road
- Sculptor: Christian Zimmerman
- Description: Fountain
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 6' (approximate)
- Cast: 1997
- Dedicated: June 20, 1997
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE PROSPECT PARK ALLIANCE CUT RIBBON ON TWO NEW ENTRANCES TO PROSPECT PARK
- NYC PARKS AND THE PROSPECT PARK ALLIANCE BREAK GROUND ON NEW ENTRANCES TO PROSPECT PARK
- ADVISORY: NYC PARKS AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVISE DOG OWNERS VISITING PROSPECT PARK TO KEEP DOGS ON LEASH