View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
James S.T. Stranahan
- Location: Entrance between East Drive and Flatbush Avenue
- Sculptor: Frederick William MacMonnies
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Figure on pedestal
- Materials: Bronze (green patina), Knoxville marble (rough), pink granite (polished)
- Dimensions: Statue H: 7'8½" W: 2'6¾" D: 2' 9 1/8"; base 2'7" x 2'7"; pedestal H: 7'4" W: 6'3" D: 5'8"; two-step broad base 14'8" square; total H: 8'5"
- Cast: ca. 1891
- Dedicated: June 6, 1891
- Foundry: E. Gruet
- Donor: Citizens of Brooklyn
Directions to Prospect Park
- ADVISORY: NYC PARKS AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVISE DOG OWNERS VISITING PROSPECT PARK TO KEEP DOGS ON LEASH
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS