View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
General Henry Warner Slocum
- Location: East Plaza Street, east of Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch
- Sculptor: Frederick William MacMonnies
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Equestrian figure on pedestal embellished with relief eagle on front, four medallions (two on each side)
- Materials: Figure, eagle, and medallions--bronze; pedestal--pink Milford granite with steps of Milford granite alternating with Green's Landing granite
- Dimensions: Statue H: 17' W: 4'8¾" D: 12'7¾"; Pedestal H: 11'10¾" W: 10'5¾" D: 18'4"
- Cast: ca. 1905
- Dedicated: May 30, 1905
- Foundry: E. Gruet
- Donor: Brooklyn City Legislature
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE PROSPECT PARK ALLIANCE BREAK GROUND ON NEW ENTRANCES TO PROSPECT PARK
- ADVISORY: NYC PARKS AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVISE DOG OWNERS VISITING PROSPECT PARK TO KEEP DOGS ON LEASH
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide