SHOWTIME® in the Park: Ghostbusters (1984)
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
7:30 p.m.–10:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Spend your summer nights in Prospect Park with SHOWTIME® In The Park, the free, outdoor movie series presented by SHOWTIME® in partnership with Brooklyn Borough President Antonio Reynoso, Brooklyn Magazine, and Prospect Park Alliance. The series will take place on Wednesdays in August on Prospect Park’s Long Meadow, and continues the longstanding “Summer Movies Under the Stars” series offered in Prospect Park for many years through the support of the Borough President.
The films will begin shortly after sundown at the north end of the Prospect Park Long Meadow, located nearest to the Grand Army Plaza entrance. The closest subway stations are the Grand Army Plaza and the Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum stops on the 2, 3 lines or the B41 bus lines. Visit the SHOWTIME® table for a complimentary lawn chair while supplies last.
RSVP now to let us know you’re attending Ghostbusters (1984) at Prospect Park. This event is free and open to the public, and RSVPs are not required for entry.
August 10 - Ghostbusters (1984)
Three parapsychologists set up shop as a unique ghost removal service in New York City, attracting frightened yet skeptical customers.
Check out the full summer movie lineup coming to Prospect Park including Back to the Future, Encanto and Spider-Man:No Way Home.
Prospect Park Alliance, Brooklyn Borough President Antonio Reynoso, Brooklyn Magazine,
Directions to Prospect Park
Know Before You Go
The Bailey Fountain is turned off in preparation for the plaza's renovation, which is slated to begin in July 2022. Visit the Prospect Park Capital Projects Tracker to learn more about the project.
- OLMSTED 200: NYC PARKS HONORS BICENTENNIAL WITH GALLERY EXHIBITION, RANGER TOURS, AND MORE
- NYC PARKS LEADS THE CITY IN GREEN ROOF DEVELOPMENT: ADDS 50,000 SQFT AND CREATES NEW YOUTH SUSTAINABILITY CORPS
- NYC PARKS AND PROSPECT PARK ALLIANCE BREAK GROUND ON RESTORATION OF LONG MEADOW BALLFIELDS 2&3
- Weekday Nature Exploration
- Weekend Nature Exploration
- Introduction to Birdwatching Walks
- Urban Wildlife: Our Raccoon Neighbors
- First Sunday Bird Walks in Prospect Park