Prospect Park W, Parkside Ave. bet. Flatbush Ave., Ocean Ave. and Prospect Park SW
Directions via Google Maps
For additional park information, please visit the Prospect Park Alliance website.
Designed and constructed over a thirty-year period (1865-1895) by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, the masterminds behind Central Park, Prospect Park has blossomed into a premiere destination for Brooklyn visitors and residents alike.
Widely known for its intricate manmade watercourse (wetlands) and its trees, the bulk of Brooklyn's remaining indigenous forest, the park is a highly functional green space. Contained within its 526 acres are a zoo, the first urban-area Audubon Center in the nation, an ice rink, a band shell, a carousel, and dozens of athletic and recreational facilities.
Begin your explorations today and join the eight million annual visitors reaping the benefits of this beautiful park!
Ring in the holidays with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital + Prospect Park Alliance at a free community...
Directions to Prospect Park
Know Before You Go
Raccoons in Prospect Park have tested positive for canine distemper virus. Although the virus cannot be transmitted to humans, it may be transmitted to dogs. Keep your pets safe in the park.
Please avoid wildlife and make sure your pets have up-to-date distemper and rabies vaccines. We strongly recommend keeping your pet on a leash, especially during dawn and dusk.
Please call 311 or notify an on-site Parks employee if you see a sick or injured animal.
If you are bitten, wash the wound with soap and water immediately. Call your doctor to see if you need tetanus or rabies shots, and call 311 to report the bite.
The Health Department will continue to monitor this condition.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2018
- ADVISORY: NYC PARKS AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVISE DOG OWNERS VISITING PROSPECT PARK TO KEEP DOGS ON LEASH
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- Citywide DCAS Accelerated Conservation & Efficiency Program (CNYG-2415MA1)
- Citywide Energy Efficient Ballfield Lighting Retrofits (CNYG-2915M)
- Prospect Park Flatbush Avenue Perimeter Sidewalk Reconstruction
- Prospect Park Garage Compound Maintenance Building Construction
- Prospect Park Long Meadow Ballfields 4 and 5 Reconstruction
- Abraham Lincoln Statue
- Boy And Dog Statue
- Carl Maria Von Weber Statue
- Concert Grove
- Detective Dillon Stewart Playground