Grand Army Plaza
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
The Army: Genius of Patriotism Urging American Soldiers On To Victory
- Location: Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch, south façade, west pier
- Sculptor: Frederick William MacMonnies
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Group in high relief on platform
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 22' W: 11'3¾" D: 7'4½"
- Cast: ca. 1900
- Dedicated: 1900
- Foundry: LeBlanc Barbedienne
- Donor: City of Brooklyn
Directions to Grand Army Plaza
Know Before You Go
The Bailey Fountain is turned off in preparation for the plaza's renovation, which is slated to begin in July 2022. Visit the Prospect Park Capital Projects Tracker to learn more about the project.
- MAYOR BILL DE BLASIO ANNOUNCES $8.9 MILLION RESTORATION OF GRAND ARMY PLAZA
- Celebrate Presidents’ Day In New York City Parks
- MEMORIALS, TREES, AND PROSPECT PARK