Grand Army Plaza
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch
- Sculptor: Philip Martiny (spandrel figures)
- Architect: John Hemingway Duncan
- Description: Triumphal arch; bas-relief figures in spandrels on south face; seal of city of Brooklyn and seal of New York state in spanrels on north face; sixteen medallions, four on each of the pier stages at south and north faces
- Materials: Granite
- Dimensions: Total h 80' x w 80' x d 50'; archway h 50' x w 35'
- Cast: 1892
- Dedicated: October 21, 1892
- Donor: City of Brooklyn: tax levy and bond issues
- Inscription: (tablet held by spandrel figure on south side, proper left): CON / STI / TU / TION
Directions to Grand Army Plaza
- MAYOR BILL DE BLASIO ANNOUNCES $8.9 MILLION RESTORATION OF GRAND ARMY PLAZA
- Celebrate Presidents’ Day In New York City Parks
- MEMORIALS, TREES, AND PROSPECT PARK