Greenbelt Nature Center
More information about the Greenbelt Nature Center's hours and locations, and those of the city's other nature centers, can be found on the nature centers page.
The Greenbelt Nature Center, opened in 2004, is a stunning 5,440-square-foot stone and brick building that stands in harmony with its natural surroundings. Here, visitors can interact with the state-of-the-art Richmond County Savings Foundation Exhibits. The Nature Center is also the place to hike with a Greenbelt naturalist; attend a lecture, environmental education program, or parent and child workshop, or a yoga class.
Address: 700 Rockland Avenue (at Brielle Avenue), Staten Island, NY 10314
Phone Number: (718) 351-3450
Hours of Operation:
- April to October - Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- November to March - Wednesday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- (extended hours during special programs)
- Public Transportation: From the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, take bus S74 to Rockland Avenue, transfer to the S54 or S57 to Brielle Avenue.
- By Car: Visit the Greenbelt Conservancy website for driving directions.
Photo by: Dorothy Reilly