Parks Greeter Corps
Thank you for your interest in joining the Parks Greeter Corps! The Parks Greeter Corps is a team of motivated volunteers interested in being ambassadors of the park system in the community.
- Parks greeters are a welcoming presence at the entrance to parks, inform patrons of the available amenities and programs, gauge the public’s opinions and interests, and serve as eyes and ears for the park’s condition and environment.
- Greeters will spearhead the Parks anti-litter initiative by encouraging sports leagues, lunch-goers, and patrons to use garbage bins and keep the parks clean.
- Parks greeters love the parks, enjoy interacting with people, and want to make a positive difference in the community.
- Greeters come from all ages and backgrounds in all five boroughs, but share a passion for making the park–going experience better for others.
- Many greeters with an interest in horticulture and maintenance lend a hand in those areas too.
- Greeters commit to at least 50 hours, with weekly shifts of four hours each.
- Greeters will receive a Parks T-shirt, and will be eligible for VIP event tickets after 50 hours of service.
Most importantly, greeters are helping to support their neighbors and keep our parks safe, fun and available to all. Please fill out and submit the form below to add yourself to our volunteer database. Once registered, you will receive the schedule for greeter orientation and next steps.
* Required fields