FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, May 31, 2019
DYCKMAN MARINA: NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES PUBLIC HEARING AND OPPORTUNITY FOR COMMENT FOR PROPOSED NEW PARKS RULE
NYC Parks today announced it will hold a public hearing on July 8, 2019, at the Thomas Jefferson Recreation Center regarding the establishment of procedures and fees for its operation of Dyckman Marina. The proposed rulemaking will amend Chapter 3 of Title 56 of the Rules of the City of New York and is the first step in the agency moving to fully operate the marina. New Yorkers have an opportunity to submit comments on the proposed new rules beginning today; comment submissions will be accepted until an hour before the hearing starts.
The purpose of this proposed rule is to:
- Publish the Department’s requirements and procedures for operation and use of the Dyckman Marina, if it is not operated under a concession agreement.
- Establish the Department’s fees for use of the Dyckman Marina, if it is not operated under a concession agreement.
- Clarify Chapter 3 of the Department’s rules.
Anyone can comment on the proposed rules by:
- Website. You can submit comments to NYC Parks through the NYC rules website at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us
- Email. You can email comments to email@example.com.
- Mail. You can mail comments to:
Darci Frinquelli, Assistant Counsel
The New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
The Arsenal, Central Park
830 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10065
- Fax. You can fax comments to 917-849-6742.
- By speaking at the hearing. Anyone who wants to comment on the proposed rule at the public hearing must sign up to speak. You can sign up before the hearing by calling Darci Frinquelli at 212-360-1383 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up in the hearing room before the hearing begins on July 8 at noon. You can speak for up to three minutes.