This Weekend In Parks
Saturday, June 22
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Bandshell Area
Enter the Park at 72nd Street
Join NYC Parks and Backpacker Magazine as we turn the Big Apple into the country’s largest urban adventure playground at the 9th annual Adventures NYC, a celebration of all things outdoors! Adventures NYC brings together over 25,000 outdoor enthusiasts with a wide range of outdoor activities and exciting demonstrations for all ages to experience including kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing lessons, and outdoor gear exhibits.
Highlights of this year’s event are:
• Winter in the Summertime by The North Face, featuring Freeskiing athletes and snowsport activities
• The STIHL Lumberjack Show, featuring log rolling, speed climbing, and chain saw simulators
• Expert guides from L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools® will be on hand to offer free stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking and fly casting instruction.
• A special appearance by the L.L.Bean Bootmobile, a larger-than-life version of the outdoor retailer’s iconic Bean Boot.
• The Bear Naked Climbing Zone
• Mountain Bike Expo
• Bike Helmet Giveaway, courtesy of NYC DOT
• Health & Fitness Clinics
• Free Bike Valet Parking
• Free Bike Rentals
• Hand Cycling
• Live Music & Entertainment
This event is FREE and open to the public. It is presented by NYC Parks and Backpacker Magazine in partnership with The North Face, and sponsored by L.L.Bean, STIHL, Bear Naked, Ski Vermont, Cabot, NYC DOT, Bike and Roll, LivingSocial, Raw Revolution, Belleayre, Honest Tea, Manduka, Ecco, Tent & Trails, Primaloft, NYC DEP, Key Log Rolling, Citi Bike, Sazzi, Strider, The L Magazine, DNAinfo.com, and KTU 103.5.
“The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.”
Thomas H. Huxley
(1825 - 1895)