A Throwback Block Party in Harlem
Saturday, April 27, 2019
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson Park, Manhattan
114th Street and Pleasant Avenue
Rain or shine
On Saturday, April 27, 2019, NYC Parks and the Walt Disney Company will host the 12th Annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in East Harlem!
Join us for a throwback party to play retro games from the '60s and '70s, dance to classic music, and watch live performances. The event is open to all ages and abilities.
Classic Street Games
- Pogo Sticks
- Hula Hoops
- Box Car Derby
- Learn to skate
- Basketball with the New York Knicks
- Street Hockey with the New York Rangers
- Jumbo Games
- Ultimate Disc
More Ways to Play
- Hippity Hop
- Learn to DJ
- Flag Football
- Wheelchair Basketball
- Obstacle Course
- Bean bag toss
- Lemon Twist
- Imagination Playground
Street Games is also more than just games! Join us for performances by a yo-yo master, hip-hop breakdancers, and the Dance Theatre of Harlem.
- Make your first stop to the NYC Parks booth to pick up a Street Games Passport! Complete 5 out of 10 of the activities on the passport to redeem a prize.
- The event ends promptly at 3:00 p.m., so come early to experience all the fun!
- Activity lines are subject to close early.
- Vendors will be on site selling food and drinks.
- Participants must sign a waiver to participate in some activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver.
In the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, Street Games may be canceled. The decision to cancel the event will be made by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 26, 2019 and will be prominently posted on our website and social media channels.
For more information about this event, please call (212) 360-8218.
Become a Volunteer
Help us make this festival a fun day for all New Yorkers! If you would like to volunteer, please register here. You must be 18 years old or older to become a Street Games volunteer. For more information about volunteering at Street Games, please email Venus Melo at Venus.Melo@parks.nyc.gov with Street Games Volunteer in the subject line.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Street Games? In addition to being featured in one of the largest outdoor public events in NYC during the Spring, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (500,000 average monthly users)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
To become involved in Street Games 2019 or other citywide events, contact Sarah Kuras at firstname.lastname@example.org.