We're bringing classic back!
Saturday, April 30, 2016
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson Park, Manhattan
114th Street & First Avenue
Rain or shine
On Saturday, April 30, 2016, NYC Parks and the Walt Disney Company will host the 9th Annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem!
Street Games re-introduces classic, low-tech games played in the city in the 60s and 70s to a new generation of kids. The event is open to all ages and abilities.
Classic Street Games
- Pogo Sticks
- Hula Hoops
- Hippity Hop
- Box Car Derby
- Street Hockey
- Skateboarding Clinics
- Imagination Playground
- New York Red Bulls Skills Challenge
- Ultimate Disc
- Wheelchair Basketball
Street Games is also more than just games! Local radio stations will be spinning music all day and there will be live music and entertainment, including several performances by the Dance Theater of Harlem. Join us for performances by street game professionals, like a yo-yo master and hip-hop breakdancers.
- Make your first stop to the NYC Parks booth to pick up a Street Games Passport! Complete 4 out of 6 of the activities on the passport to redeem a prize.
- The event ends promptly at 3:00 p.m., so come early to experience all the fun!
- Activity lines are subject to close early.
- Vendors will be on site selling food and drinks.
- Participants must sign a waiver to participate in some activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver.
Please note: During this event, 114th Street from 1st Avenue to Pleasant Avenue and Pleasant Avenue from 114th Street to 116th Street will be closed to vehicle parking and access.
In the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, Street Games may be canceled. The decision to cancel the event will be made by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 29, 2016 and will be prominently posted on our website and social media channels.
For more information about this event, please call (212) 360-1319.
Become a Volunteer
Help us make this festival a fun day for all New Yorkers! If you would like to volunteer, please register here. You must be 18 years of age or older to become a Street Games volunteer.
It’s My Park: Street Games
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Street Games? In addition to being featured in the one of the largest outdoor public events in NYC during the Spring, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (350,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
To become involved in Street Games 2016 or other citywide events, contact Elissa Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org.