Fall Field Day
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 (Election Day)
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Betsy Head Park
Livonia Avenue and Strauss Street, Brooklyn
Rain or Shine
NYC Parks presents the third annual Fall Field Day! Kids, teens, and their families are invited to relive classic and re-imagined field day activities as they are introduced to a new generation.
With an array of activities fit for all ages and abilities, Fall Field Day will have something for everyone to enjoy!
Activities may include:
- Javelin (noodle) throw
- Giant soccer
- Pillow polo
- Obstacle course
- Speed pitch
- Giant parachute
- Disc Tic-Tac-Toe
- Bean bag musical chairs
- Football skills
- Potato sack race
- Three-legged race
- Spoon/egg race
At the main stage, there will be live entertainment and fitness workshops.
- The event ends promptly at 3:00 p.m., so come early to experience all the fun!
- Activity lines are subject to close early.
- Vendors will be on site selling food and drinks.
- Participants must sign a waiver to participate in some activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver.
In the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, Fall Field Day may be canceled. The decision to cancel the event will be made by 2:00 p.m. on Monday, November 6, 2017 and will be prominently posted on our website and social media channels.
Please note: If you are travelling to Fall Field Day by public transit, please check mta.info for the best route to as some subways may have scheduled maintenance affecting service.
For more information about this event, please call (212) 360-8218.
For accessibility information, please contact Chris Noel by November 3 at (718) 760-6831 or Christopher.Noel@parks.nyc.gov.
Become a Volunteer
Help us make this festival a fun day for all New Yorkers! If you would like to volunteer, please register here. You must be 18 years old or older to volunteer. For more information about volunteering at Fall Field Day, please email Venus Melo at Venus.Melo@parks.nyc.gov with Fall Field Day Volunteer in the subject line.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of a Parks event? In addition to being featured in one of our citywide events, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Subway posters
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio advertisements
- Newspaper advertisements
- Parks website (700,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks' lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
Please contact Sarah Kuras at Sarah.Kuras@parks.nyc.gov to receive more information.