East bound Belt Parkway, just east of Exit 9 Knapp Street
Sunrise to Sunset (April 1 to December 1)
Calm waters and strong winds make the sand beach a favorite take off for windsurfers and kite boarders. Launching is recommended at higher tide as mud flats make the walk to water several hundred yards at low tide. A permit is required.
Caution: Do not disturb the horseshoe crabs in this prime breeding area. Challenging wind and tide conditions. Watch for glass on the beach.
- Swimming, diving, or bathing
- Rafts or other inflatables
- Consumption of alcohol
- Any discharge into water
- Pets off leash or in the water
- Open flame
- Storing personal property
- Motor vehicles without specific authorization
ADA Accessible: Yes
Rest Area: Yes