Lemon Creek Marina
Hylan Boulevard & Seguine Avenue
Dawn until Dusk
Site Fee: No
ADA Accessible: No
Rest Area: No
Portage: 40 feet
Take Hylan Boulevard to either Sharrott Avenue and turn into parking lot or take Hylan Boulevard to Seguine Avenue. Take Seguine Avenue south to the park entrance.
By Mass Transit
Take the SIRT train to the Prince’s Bay train station. Travel south down Seguine Avenue to park entrance for about one mile.
- Nearby Points of Interest: Burke – Seguine Mansion – turn of the century Georgian Mansion with about 40 acres of land. Lemon Creek Beach and fishing pier. Park with walking path. Man made bird houses created for use by local nesting birds.
- Typical Day Paddle: Paddle to Conference House Park, Tottenville, NY. Look at lighthouse and local scenery along the way. At Conference House Park visit the historic conference house and the park grounds. Walk along the beach, watching people fish, along the mouth of Arthur Kill. The trip is about six mile round trip.
This launch site is in a park that contains a bird sanctuary, so some areas of the park are off-limits to the public. Bird sanctuary is mark. There is a commercial shipping channel that juts into the creek within a clearly marked, buoyed channel.
There is a narrow marked channel coming out of the marina that can have moderate boat traffic. The channel is clearly marked. There is a commercial shipping channel that juts into the creek within a clearly marked, buoyed, channel.
Hazardous Launch/Landing Conditions
Launching and landing conditions can be hazardous during high wind conditions on the bay.
Currents on most of Raritan Bay, including this area, are negligible – usually less than half of a knot.
Emergency Landing Points
- Conference House Park – three miles from Site
- Great Kills Beach and Harbor – four miles from site
- The entire south shore of Staten Island is mostly sandy beach therefore almost any beach area can be landed on in an emergency.
Staten Island University Hospital – corner of Hylan Boulevard and Seguine Avenue. ½ mile from the park entrance on Seguine Avenue