Farmhouse Family Day: Juneteenth w/ the Community Legacy Project
Saturday, June 18, 2022
11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In celebration of Juneteenth, CLP x WHM highlights over 400 years of local Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) centered narratives – starting in the 17th century at the Wyckoff House Museum.
CLP x WHM participants will have the opportunity to work on arts as advocacy creative expression projects; in solidarity to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable future for ALL people.
What to expect on your visit:
- Farmhouse Family Day is free and open to all ages, ideal for children ages 4-10.
- The Community Legacy Project activity will begin at 1:00 p.m.
- Farm activities (i.e. harvesting, weeding) are limited, first-come first-served basis beginning at 12PM. Make sure to wear close-toed shoes and prepare to get dirty.
Other things to do while you are here:
- Stop by our first Farm stand of the year (from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) featuring Wyckoff Farm fresh veggies and herbs as well as neighborhood vendors.
- Drop off food scraps for compost.
About the Community Legacy Project:
Community Legacy Project (CLP) is a call to honor our ancestors and humanity, while promoting social justice advocacy at OPEN spaces in NYC.
CLP combines multicultural heritage exploration- centering Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) narratives- with arts as advocacy creative expression projects; in solidarity to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for ALL people.