Movies Under the Stars: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Thursday, August 19, 2021
8:00 p.m.–10:30 p.m.
Join NYC Parks and the New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment for a free film!
Grab a blanket and come enjoy a movie in a neighborhood park or playground! This summer, NYC Parks will host family-friendly movie showings across the five boroughs. Movies begin at dusk. You should arrive before 8:00 p.m. to get your spot. This event is FREE and open to the public, but seating is limited. Reservations are not taken.
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Lloyd Vogel is tasked with creating a profile of Fred Rogers, the creator and star of the successful children's program Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. He dutifully goes to the studio where his subject is filming his show, and soon enough, he is sitting down with him, asking him probing questions. However, Fred seems to have a different plan in mind. The interviewee suddenly becomes the interviewer, and he starts to help the writer sent for him in unexpected ways. Rated PG.
Know Before You Go:
For everyone's safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
Glass bottles and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
Contact (212) 360-1430 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding accessibility.