Summer on the Hudson: Amplified Sundays - Anbessa Orchestra
Sunday, August 1, 2021
7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Enjoy vibrantly-danceable live music accompanied by spectacular sunsets over the Hudson River. Amplified Sundays take place each Sunday through August 1. Music begins at 7:00 p.m.
August 1: Anbessa Orchestra
New York City’s premier Ethiopian Funk group, Anbessa Orchestra has been captivating audiences in venues of all sizes with their unique blend of '60s and '70s Ethiopian music influences and their own original materials. The 7-piece band is a staple in New York’s rich groove scene and has supported major Ethiopian music acts such as the legendary Hailu Mergia. The band is also featured on “Beyond Addis Vol. 2” Alongside music from Daptone Records founder Gabe Roth and many more prominent artists.
Management reserves the right to cap participation in accordance with current COVID-19 outdoor safety guidelines.
Please register online.
Know Before You Go:
For everyone's safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
Additionally, we encourage participants to bring their own hand sanitizer to our programs.