Arts, Culture & Fun; Antoine Roney
Thursday, July 22, 2021
6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join us for an outdoor jazz concert with Antoine Roney.
Philadelphia-born saxophonist Antoine Roney has been a distinctive voice in jazz for over four decades. After studying with Jackie McLean at the Hartt School of Music, he worked with a long line of greats including Clifford Jordan, Donald Byrd, Rashied Ali, Arthur Taylor, Freddie Hubbard, Elvin Jones, and his late brother, Wallace Roney. An accomplished bandleader with several albums to his name, he is also the father of rising jazz star Kojo Roney.
Presented in partnership with the Jazz Foundation of America, with partial support from the National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
Let us know you're coming by registering on Eventbrite at jhwjazz21.eventbrite.com.
For everyone's safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
Note: Some programs may be modified, rescheduled, or cancelled due to weather, health, or safety concerns.