MLK Day of Service: Wyckoff Farm Volunteer Cleanup Day
Saturday, January 16, 2021
12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
On this MLK Day of Service, join the Wyckoff House Museum in maintaining and winterizing the Fidler-Wyckoff Park and surrounding Farm and Garden space. Volunteers are needed to help rake leaves, maintain garden beds, and process compost.
We will provide tools, hand sanitizer, and masks for those who need them. Volunteers should dress warmly with layers in clothing suitable for outdoor work, durable boots or sneakers, bring a refillable water bottle, and snacks.
Planning your visit:
- Prepare to get dirty! Dress for the mess by wearing proper outdoor work attire (hat, warm layers, rain gear, gardening gloves, closed-toed shoes, etc.).
- Bring a water bottle. We will have a water refilling station available.
- Bring snacks/lunch with you (there are limited food options in the area).
- Tasks are often physically strenuous, and can include weeding, mulching, turning compost, or harvesting, depending on the needs of the farm that day.
- We welcome volunteers ages 13 & older.
COVID-19 guidelines will be maintained throughout the event:
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself, farm staff, and other visitors.
- Wear a mask or face covering when unable to maintain a 6-foot social distance.
- Complete a COVID-19 health survey when you arrive.
- Group size has been limited to allow for social distancing and pre-registration is required. If you are unable to make it please let us know so we can give your spot to someone else.
- Handwashing stations and sanitizer will be available.