Open Garden Day NYC
Saturday, August 1, 2020
11:00 a.m.–2:35 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
This year, NYC Parks GreenThumb’s annual Open Garden Day NYC will be a week long virtual celebration. GreenThumb will host a series of virtual garden tours across NYC throughout the week leading up to Open Garden Day on our Instagram (@greenthumbgrows) and Facebook (@GreenThumbNYC) pages.
On Saturday, August 1, we will host a special day of programming on Facebook Live at Brooklyn Bears Carlton Ave. Garden.
The day will include workshops, music, and garden tours, including:
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:05 a.m.: Welcome by Bill LoSasso, Director of NYC Parks GreenThumb
- 11:05 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.: Succulent workshop with Urban Park Ranger, Jane Deng
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Herbalism workshop with community gardener, Stephen Reid
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.: Music performance by Batalá New York, an all-female percussion ensemble playing Afro-Brazilian music
- 1:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Intermission
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Live garden tour with Q&A of Brooklyn Bears Carlton Ave. Garden led by community gardener, Jon Crow.
- 2:30 p.m. - 2:35 p.m.: Closing by Karyn Williams, GreenThumb Assistant Director for Planning & Programs
*Schedule subject to change